Seattle '09

Seattle: Home Sweet Home

At the end of August, Brent and I finally went back to Seattle for a relatively quick visit. It had been almost a year since I was last in the US and I was ready for a shopping overdose in the land of plenty. Kaitlyn, my twin from jr. high & high school, got married and I was honored to be a bridesmaid. It was a blast catching up with girl friends from high school- definitely better than any 10 year reunion!

What a handsome guy!

It's always crazy when we do go back "home" with lots of Target runs, late night grocery shopping (just because we can) and trying to catch up with a few friends (never seeing everyone we had hoped to). Fortunately, we were able to slow down at my parent's cabin outside Leavenworth and relax.

Brent by the river

A scenic vista with my parents- it was a little hike up there and I had to borrow my Mom's shoes which were many sizes too small!

The Destination Shopping for Plain, WA. If you haven't been to Plain Hardware you are missing out. I'm not kidding! It's so much more than plywood and heating coils- I bought several chic bracelets.

While we were at the cabin our close friends from college, Steph & Tim, came to visit. It was so wonderful to see them and finally meet their adorable daughter Ava. Last time I was in the US, Ava waited until the morning I was flying back to Amsterdam to make her world debut. Nothing is more nourishing than laughing and reminiscing with old friends (especially when it's in person!).

What do we miss most about the US? Obviously family and friends. But also friendliness & Mexican food! It can be annoying not having a car sometimes, so it was a good reminder to sit in traffic on I-5 and remember how convenient it is to bike across Amsterdam in 15 minutes.

Now that I've stocked up on chocolate chips, pumpkin pie filling and microwave popcorn we won't be coming back until next summer when both my brother and sister get married! It was wonderful finally meeting my brother's fiancee, Jessica, and we're excited for all these new additions to the family.




Comments

Kaitlyn said…
hey twin :) do you have any more pics from the wedding? that is a great one of you and brent. it was an honor to have you with us. we had so much fun!!